Our WAEB Radiothon to benefit the Animals in Distress Shelter will run Monday, July 11th - Sunday, July 17th with Bobby Gunther Walsh, weekday mornings on NewsRadio 790 WAEB, powered by: The VinArt Dealerships!
Radiothon Week - Ironton Telephone Pledge Line: 610-841-4999
Phone lines will be open 24/7... but listen to Gunther weekday mornings between 5AM and 10AM for stories of hope from the Shelter, and Challenge Hours where you can double your donation dollars!
Thank you to: The VinArt Dealerships - Your Pet Friendly Dealership!
Lehigh Valley Acura, Honda, Hyundai, Porche and Mercedes Benz of the Lehigh Valley
Weekend Pledge Line (Saturday and Sunday Only): 610-966-9383 - 8am to 6pm
RADIOTHON WEEKEND EVENTS:
Saturday, July 16th -
- 8AM to 12N - Join Gunther LIVE at Lucy & Lolly's All Natural Pit Stop at the Allentown Fairgrounds Farmer's Market! Sponsored in part by: Mr. Bills, Johnny's Fresh Meats, Lucy & Lolly's, Amish Village Kitchen and the Allentown Fairgrounds Farmer's Market! Volunteers from the shelter will be on site to collection donations!
- Noon to 4pm - Join Gunther LIVE at the RITZ BBQ at the Allentown Fairgrounds Farmer's Market! Volunteers from the shelter will be on site to collect donations!
- Plus, at the Animals in Distress Shelter in Coopersburg... there will be a BASKET RAFFLE - Saturday's hours are: 1pm to 4pm
Sunday, July 17th -
- 7:30AM - 6:30PM - Gunther LIVE at the Animals in Distress Shelter in Coopersburg (5075 Limeport Pike) - We're taking your calls from 7:30AM to 6:30PM
- Continental Breakfast Starts at 8AM - Thanks to Amish Village Bake Shop & VinArt
- Picnic Lunch Starts at 11:30AM - Thanks to YOCCO's, Amish Village Bake Shop & VinArt
- Basket Raffle runs 9AM to 5PM on Sunday
- Pledges can be made in person at the SHELTER all day Sunday!
- Gunther will be LIVE on WAEB AM from 1pm to 3pm, thanks to ResQ Products
- AND Gunther will be LIVE on WAEB AM from 4pm to 5pm, thanks to DLP Realty, Don Wenner, DLP Capital Partners!
We can't wait to SEE YOU at the WAEB RADIOTHON 2022 - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
ABOUT THE ANIMALS IN DISTRESS SHELTER:
Animals In Distress is a non-profit, tax deductible sanctuary for animals who have little or no hope elsewhere. Their programs are designed to prevent suffering and to save lives. They believe that there is a special home somewhere for every pet if there is enough time to find it. They keep every animal admitted, providing medical care, behavioral rehabilitation, good food, shelter, and most important of all, love, until a suitable new home can be found. No animal is killed because it is unwanted, too old, or injured.
All donations are used for animal care expenses, since no one is paid for administrative, fund raising, and other non-animal care duties that are performed by a dedicated group of unpaid volunteers. The shelter receives no tax or public monies and relies totally on donations and fund raisers for its total operating budget. Volunteers work hard at events all year round to raise money. A Radiothon, pet photos at Easter and Christmas, walkathons, special setups at malls and festivals, raffles, bake sales, craft and gift bazaars, the sale of various items – all of these are only some of the ways that the shelter raises funds. Our shelter newsletter, “Tails of Hope,” is our other main fund raising and public relations vehicle.