It's time for our NewsRadio 790 WAEB RADIOTHON to Benefit the Animals in Distress Shelter in Coopersburg!
Radiothon On Air With Gunther: Monday, July 10th - Friday, July 14th
- Listen weekday mornings between 5AM and 10AM for Stories from the Shelter and Matching Hours where you can double your donation dollars! Ironton Telephone Pledge Line: 610-841-4999! Also, Service Electric Channel 50 carries Gunther's Morning Show LIVE so you can tune in and see all the awesome Animals in Distress pets being featured!
- Ironton Telephone Pledge Line: 610-841-4999
Powered by: The VinArt Dealerships
RADIOTHON WEEKEND EVENTS - Saturday, July 15th & Sunday, July 16th
Weekend Pledge Line: 610-967-4417 (For Saturday & Sunday Only)
Saturday, July 15th -
- 8AM - 4PM - Basket Social & Silent Auction at the Animals in Distress Shelter in Coopersburg. Plus, Continental Breakfast with Coffee and Donuts starting at 8AM and the Craft and Gift Bazaar Opens!
- 8AM to 12N - Gunther LIVE at Neighbors Home & Garden Center - 38 S. Main Street in Hellertown - Stop out to make a pledge and visit Neighbors for all of your outdoor & pet needs! The More Than Money Show with Gene Dickison will also be live at Neighbors from 8am to 10am - Thank you to Gene for donating his time to help with the Animals in Distress Radiothon!
- 12N to 4PM - Gunther LIVE at Kospia Farms - 2288 State Street in Alburtis - Stop out to make a pledge & see why 'Life is Better Local' at Kospia Farms! All Day, save 10% on select purchases or donate your savings to Animals in Distress! From 10-1pm enjoy live music from Mr. Brian Filone; From 11-5pm the Vince's Cheesesteaks Food Truck will be on site; Plus, Silent Auction, Tasting by Triple Sun Spirits, Dunk Tank, Pies to Die For selling crushed homemade pie in cones and marshmallow roasting on the open fire pits! From 2-5pm, there will also be live music by Swing Shift.
Sunday, July 16th -
- 8AM - 6PM - Gunther LIVE at the Animals in Distress Shelter in Coopersburg powered by the VinArt Dealerships! From 1pm to 3pm, we will have a 2 Hour LIVE SHOW thanks to our friends at ResQ / N3 Oceanic! Basket Social, Silent Auction and the Craft and Gift Bazaar will be open.
- Breakfast will be available from 8:30am to 11:30am & Hot Picnic Lunch from 12:30pm to 3pm - Special thanks to the VinArt Dealerships for Sponsoring our Radiothon and providing the Food for Sunday's Shelter Event! Also, thank you to Smokin' Smitty's Catering - Preparing the Food Sunday and Ironton Telephone for the extra phone lines at the shelter for our Radiothon Event!
ABOUT THE ANIMALS IN DISTRESS SHELTER:
Animals In Distress is a non-profit, tax deductible sanctuary for animals who have little or no hope elsewhere. Our programs are designed to prevent suffering and to save lives. We believe that there is a special home somewhere for every pet if there is enough time to find it. We keep every animal admitted, providing medical care, behavioral rehabilitation, good food, shelter, and most important of all, love, until a suitable new home can be found. No animal is killed because it is unwanted, too old, or injured.All donations are used for animal care expenses, since no one is paid for administrative, fund raising, and other non-animal care duties that are performed by a dedicated group of unpaid volunteers. The shelter receives no tax or public monies and relies totally on donations and fund raisers for its total operating budget. Volunteers work hard at events all year round to raise money. A Radiothon, pet photos at Easter and Christmas, walkathons, special setups at malls and festivals, raffles, bake sales, craft and gift bazaars, the sale of various items – all of these are only some of the ways that the shelter raises funds. Our shelter newsletter, “Tails of Hope,” is our other main fund raising and public relations vehicle.